In the wedding world, January and February are some of the biggest months for venue shopping! Finding a venue that fits exactly what you’re looking for can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. So as you hunt for the perfect place to say your “I Do’s” remember these 5 tips…
1. Know Your Budget – Before setting foot in a venue, make sure you know how much you want to spend (and how much you don’t want to spend) on your wedding as a whole. It’s going to be much easier to narrow down the venue list if you can cut-out the ones that are out of your price range.
2. Have a Guest Count in Mind – While you don’t have to have everyone’s names and addresses just yet, you do need to have an idea of the guest count. Next to cost, capacity is the most important thing to look at when venue shopping.
3. Be Open with Dates – It’s totally fine for you to want an October wedding, but try not to have specific dates picked out before you choose your venue. Being flexible will make the process go much smoother, and it may even help you get a better price! Sunday weddings are typically cheaper throughout the year.
4. Schedule Tours – Before you go driving all around middle Tennessee, make sure you set up some tours at specific venues. Give yourself plenty of time at each tour, and take one other decision-maker with you, whether it be your mom, fiance, or a member of the bridal party.
5. Ask Questions – Don’t be afraid to take a list of questions to each tour! Ask about rental price, room capacity, open dates, package options, what’s included, preferred vendors, etc. And if your tour guide doesn’t know the answers, leave them your contact information so they can get back with you.
For those of you who have already booked the perfect venue, do you have any venue shopping tips? We love to hear your feedback! Just leave a comment here, or on our Facebook page! And for those who are still shopping, check out our full list of venues here!