The Christmas season is officially upon us! Since this time of year can get pretty busy, we thought we’d share some holiday-themed date ideas so you can save some time for your future hubby this season. Here are The 25 Dates of Christmas!
1. Take a Drive – Enjoy all the beauty of this season by driving around town to look at all the Christmas lights! Pack a thermos of hot cocoa and some Christmas cookies to make your time together extra sweet!
2. Honor the Season – On December 14th at 1:00 pm, Woodmont Christian Church in Nashville transforms into the historic town of Bethlehem! A Walk Through Bethlehem is a free event and definitely a fun experience!
3. Explore the Store – If you don’t have a lot to spend on each other this year, set aside a small dollar amount and head to the nearest store to see what you can find! Split up to find surprises for each other… funny or useful both count! Then go home and (without peeking) wrap them up to save for Christmas Day!
4. Snag a Treat – Stop by Nashville Sweets for a delicious pastry, a slice of pie, or one of their famous French macarons! Use this time together to talk about your favorite Christmas memories growing up and what things you’re looking forward to this year!
5. Make a Ginger Bread House – Put your baking skills to the test! You can make your own dough and icing, or just buy a kit with all the ingredients ready-made!
6. Go See the Rockettes – There are countless entertainment opportunities this time of year! The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is one of my favorites! You just can’t beat those Rockettes!
7. Volunteer Your Time – Working together to help other people can be some of the best memories you make together! Find a soup kitchen or homeless shelter near you and volunteer to spend an afternoon helping out!
8. Play with Your Creative Side – Take a trip to The Nesting Project to design your very own Christmas shirts… Or home decor! Anything you can dream up, they can print for you, and you can watch them do it!
9. Decorate Your Home – Whether you cover your house in lights and garland, or just put up a tree in your living room, decorating your home can be a fun bonding experience — just be patient with each other throughout the process.
10. Take a Cooking Class – Enjoy an interactive dining experience at The Chef and I in Lenox Village! Or if you’d rather sit back and let the professionals do the cooking, they have that option too!
11. Go See the Nutcracker – Sit back, relax, and let the music take you away! This timeless Christmas tradition is one you’ll remember for years to come!
12. Experience ICE – This exhibit isn’t just for the kids! Check out Gaylord Opryland’s ICE exhibit and enjoy all the slides, tunnels, and sculptures!
13. Make Christmas Cookies – Trees, bells, and stars, oh my! Have a contest to see who can make the best looking (and best tasting) cookies!
14. Enjoy a Nice Dinner Out – Experience all the tastes of Nashville at The Loveless Cafe! Their delicious biscuits and good home-cooking are sure to warm you up on those wintry nights!
15. Make Ornaments – Go to your nearest craft store to collect all the materials for personalized Christmas ornaments! Plain glass ball ornaments are perfect for adding your own personalization.
17. Have a Movie Marathon – Choose your favorite Christmas movies, pop some popcorn, and snuggle up for a movie marathon date! You may even include some of your other movie favorites!
18. Have a Christmas Photo Shoot – Dress in your most festive attire and have fun at a photo session! Choose any of these fabulous photographers to capture your holiday cheer! This photo session can also double as your engagement pictures!
19. Cut Down a Tree – Head to your nearest Christmas tree lot to choose the perfect one for your home! Make sure to bring the camera!
20. Create & Mail Christmas Cards – Have fun looking through different Christmas card styles and designs, then choose the best one for the two of you! Darby Cards and The Nesting Project can both create adorable, personalized cards!
21. Check off Your Shopping List – Go shopping together for each of your family members and friends! Everything is better together!
22. Pamper Each Other – If you’re in the romantic mood, take turns giving each other foot and back massages! Finish off the night with a bottle of wine and some tasty treats!
23. Have a Wrapping Party – Gather the paper, tape, and scissors! Enjoy a cozy night in your pj’s while you wrap all the presents for your loved ones!
24. Be the Neighborhood Santa – Deliver little goodies to all your neighbors, and wish them a Merry Christmas! You’ll be the favorites, by far!
25. Go to the Wedding 101 Holiday Bride Mixer – This FREE event on this Thursday, December 11th, is the perfect way to celebrate the Holidays… Wedding 101 style! We’ll have delicious appetizers, sweet treats, a DJ, a photo booth, and so much more! Just email Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org with your wedding date to reserve your spot!
Thanks to Nyk + Cali, Wedding Photographers for those gorgeous images! Do you have any Christmas date ideas to share with us? Just leave a comment below, or post a comment to our Facebook page! We love your feedback!