One of the things you may decide to include in your wedding planning preparations is to host an engagement party to celebrate your recent proposal. Even if you don’t host it yourself, a friend or family member may decide to host one for you. If you’re looking for something a bit more creative than a traditional engagement party, then you might want to consider some of these ideas.
- Hosting it at a local pub or bar can help you keep it casual yet unexpected. There are some great places here in The Gulch!
- A bowling alley will be your best bet if you’re looking for fun and friendly competition. Pinewood Social has one of the most fabulous bowling alleys around!
- Have a pizza party by either renting out a local pizzeria or hiring a chef to make custom pizzas “on demand.” Make sure you have beer and/or wine to pair with your pies!
- A wine tasting party can help keep things a bit classier. If you have the option of visiting a local vineyard, that would be a nice treat for your guests. If not, host one in a private home. Do a blind tasting to make things a little more fun for your guests.
- Host a masquerade engagement party. On your invitations, instruct your guests to wear masks. Offer a prize to best masqueraders!
- Visit a dueling piano bar. Or better yet…hire them for a private party. Need I say more?
- Make it a surprise. Haven’t spread the word that you’re engaged yet? Perhaps you want to invite your closest friends and family members over for a get-together. Use décor that will match your wedding colors, and at some point during the party, announce your recent engagement.
- And of course, if you like things simple, host a cocktail party. Wedding 101 is the perfect space to host your cocktail party! We have all inclusive packages where we help you select your catering menu, party invitations, and even florists to design gorgeous floral arrangements. Another spin? Turn it into a black tie affair!