Let’s face it, we’re all on some sort of budget but being on a tight budget can sometimes lead us astray. Here are the biggest mistakes budget brides make.
- Trying to do too much yourself. There are only 24 hours in a day ladies and you must realize that you can’t possibly do it all. Enlist the help of friends and family and even consider hiring a planner. They can help with the DIY’s and the set-up on the day of.
- Picking the wrong date. Selecting a date in a peak season can end up costing you more. Try selecting a date that isn’t in high demand.
- Choosing the wrong location. You may think that having your wedding in a friends back yard will be less costly but by the time you rent tables, chairs, tents, etc. you may end up spending more than you would renting a venue that includes all those items.
- Not hiring professionals. When working on a tight budget, many brides choose to exclude some very important professionals. Don’t let a budget force you to make decisions that you will regret later on. Again, there are only so many hours you’ll be able to do things for your wedding so hiring professionals really is the best way to make sure your wedding goes off without a hitch.
- Loosing sight of what’s really important. Don’t let the planning and budget part of the process make you loose site of what the day is really about. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you and your hubby are married so don’t loose sight of that!
Looking for the best way to cut costs? Simply cut your guest list. Not only will that save you money on food at the reception but it will also save you on rentals of chairs, tables, and more. You can have the wedding of your dreams but you will have to make some hard decisions.
Want to talk through it with someone? Come see us in the studio and we’ll sit down and help you work through the challenges.