Engagement season is upon us! I know many of you got engaged over the holidays, and we’re still hearing about more proposals everyday! It’s such an exciting time, but we know as soon as that ring is on, the questions begin… “So, when’s the wedding?” “Where is it going to be?” “Am I invited?!” Even though your friends and family are asking these questions because they care, it can still turn what should be a very enjoyable moment into a stressful one instantly. So one of our fabulous wedding planners, Sarah Goude, co-owner of Regalo Design, shared five planning tips with us for all you newly engaged couples!
1. Choose your bridal party carefully. So often we see brides who are overwhelmed by their bridal party. The wedding day is about you and your fiancé. Make sure you are surrounded by people who will build you up rather than break you down.
2. It’s your budget, not the bridal magazines. So often clients search for the book, magazine article or blog that is going to tell them exactly what percentage of their budget needs to be in certain areas. Your budget is based on what is most important to you. Whatever is most important to you will take a larger percentage of your budget.
3. Choose your vendors carefully. Make sure they are people that you actually enjoy being around. Talk to your friends and see who they used and if they were happy with the experience. It is a very long day and a very important day to not enjoy being around a certain person who will be around all day.
4. Always do an engagement session. Most people are not used to posing in front of a camera. It is so important to make sure you have that session to at least break the ice. You will be able to learn what your photographer will be like and they will get to learn your personality. It will translate into your photos if you are not comfortable.
5. Remember this day is about your marriage. There is life after wedding planning, and it is important that through the wedding planning process you and your fiancé still go on dates and continue to build your relationship. A wedding day is the window dressing to what the rest of your life will be.
Thanks to Nashville Photography Group for the gorgeous photos!
Before you even start the planning, take a week or two to ENJOY the moment. Take some time to relax and celebrate with family, friends, and your new fiancé before diving into the planning. Then once you’re ready, follow these great tips from Regalo Design and come visit us at the studio for one on one consulting! Be sure to also check out Regalo Desgin’s planning and decor packages!