So you’ve found the perfect pair of beautiful heels but there’s a problem… They kill your feet! Here’s a few tips to help get those shoes in tip top comfy shape for your big day.
Image via Style Me Pretty
- Buy the right shoes right off bat. Shop for shoes at the end of the day when your feet are the most swollen. This will ensure you buy the right size.
- Break them in. Walk around them at home to help them shape to your foot.
- Wearing close-toed shoes? Use athletic tape to tape your third and fourth toes together. I know, sounds crazy but taping them together relaxes the muscles under the ball of your foot and keeps them happy longer.
- Patent leather cutting into your foot even though the shoes are the perfect size? Add a few cups of water to two ziploc bags. Place the bags in the shoes and put them in the freezer. As the water freezes, it expands thus stretching the shoe a small amount. Leave them in the freezer overnight. To remove the bags, take them out of the freezer, let them thaw for 15-20 minutes and remove the bags. Now they won’t rub your feet!
- Afraid of blisters? Use a solid deodorant in place of a fancy blister blocker. It has the same effect and you’ve already got it on hand.
- Add some padding. Purchase some low profile ball pads and place them in your shoes. These even work for open-toed styles.
- Get some traction. Even leather bottomed shoes can be slippery so place some traction pads on the bottom or simply scuff them up with some sandpaper.
So there you have it. Now go work those shoes ladies!