When you think Terrarium some of you may think of those nasty plant habitats of the 1970’s… Oh wait… Most of us weren’t born then but chances are you knew someone growing up who had one from them and just couldn’t part with it. Well you may have noticed they’re making a come back! Here’s a great little project that can add to your decor and you’ll have a little something to give out as gifts after the event.Image via Once Wed
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A clear glass jar, vase, bowl, glass, or whatever interesting glass container you have on hand
- Rocks, pebbles or recycled glass chunks
- Activated charcoal (sometimes called activated carbon)
- Potting soil appropriate for your plants
- Moss (optional)
- Figurines, sticks or decorative items (optional)
- Various small plants
- A scoop, spoon or shovel
Head on over to Inhabitat for the full tutorial with detailed photos.
Have a wonderful weekend and come see us in the studio!