I’m still selling pies, even in the rain. So while I’m trying to make a little fence money you can stay nice and dry while making these adorable button noisemakers.Image via Martha Stewart
These would be so adorable as a send off in lieu of rice, lavender, or bird seed. Find a scrapbook paper that coordinates with your wedding colors and styles and make these little cuties up!
Here’s what you need:
- Scissors or decorative edgers
- Cardboard or corrugated kraft paper
- Scrapbook paper
- Craft glue
- Ice-pop stick or tongue depressor
- Hole punch
- Waxed twine
- Beads or buttons
Here’s how it’s done:
- Using scissors or decorative edgers, cut two identical circles from cardboard or corrugated kraft paper.
- Cut a matching circle from your scrapbook paper and glue to your cardboard/corrugated kraft paper.
- Glue the two pieces of cardboard/corrugated kraft paper together with craft glue, sandwiching an ice-pop stick or tongue depressor in between the pieces for a handle.
- Using a hole punch, make holes around the edge of the cardboard circle, about 1 inch apart. Thread 3- to 5-inch lengths of waxed twine with beads or buttons, and tie the free end to holes.
Now you’ve got a cute little send off that no one will expect!
Don’t forget to check out our Events & Workshop page to see what’s going on in the studio and come see us. We can help you find everything you need for your big day and our services are FREE! Really there’s no catch!