This little DIY is fun and functional. It’s so easy plus it’ll give you a way to recycle all those wine bottles from your engagement party!
Image via Ruthi Auda.
Here’s some of my ideas on how to use these at your wedding:
- The obvious idea is Table Numbers
- Purchase inexpensive Boxed Wine (there are some great one out there) and have your servers serve the wine in these adorable bottles. Be sure to block off the inside of the bottle so that you don’t get any of the chalk paint inside.
- Vases perhaps with the names of the flowers wrote on the bottle.
- Use them as food labels on your buffet table.
The best part is you can use them in your own home once the wedding is over!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty wine bottles, any color, any size will work
- Chalk board spray paint by RustOleum. You can find this at most home improvement stores.
- Glass Cleaner & towel, dish detergent
Here’s how it’s done:
- Clean the bottles both inside and out. Use a little dish detergent on the inside and glass cleaner on the outside.
- Tape off any areas you don’t want painted. This step is especially important is you plan on using them to serve wine.
- Spray 2 or 3 light coats of chalk board spray paint in light sweeping sprays. More light coats prevents drips better than one heavy coat. Make sure to do this wearing appropriate safety glasses and mask in a well ventilated area, preferably outside. I like to use an old box as my spray paint surface.
- Let dry according to the directions.
- Prime the whole bottle with chalk by rubbing it over the entire surface. This will keep you from having residual marks after you erase.
Come see us this weekend in the studio and happy DIYing!