Does it make sense to hire a Disc Jockey for my wedding reception?
I just stumbled upon a great review of the My Wedding DJ app over on DIY Bride. Before you completely write off having a DJ at your wedding consider that a good DJ can really work a crowd and entertain your guests and they cost a lot less than a live band. An experienced wedding DJ can really make your reception special. DJ’s usually have an extensive library of music so they can take care of almost any requests. We have some fantastic DJ’s in the Nashville area. If you have interviewed at least 3 DJ’s and decided that having one just isn’t in your budget and you have a huge music library yourself, consider downloading this app after reading DIY Bride’s review. Keep in mind that you will need to rent a sound system to play your iPod and you will also need a mic and someone to volunteer as your MC.
Here is the description from the iTunes store about how to set up your iPhone or Ipod Touch device:
WeddingDJ is the best way to run the music for your wedding on your iPhone or iPod touch.
Why not use an Ipod at your reception?
Running your music on an iPod can be great, but not if the wrong song comes on or the music cuts out. That’s why WeddingDJ helps you plan out all the music you need at your wedding, using the songs and playlists you have in iTunes. When the big day comes, you hand it off to your MC, who simply needs to slide “next” for each part of your wedding.
“Quite easy & fun to use” – DIYBride.com
“Love, love, LOVE the fact that it fades in and out of the songs before it switches” – App Store Reviews
“It’s like a Keynote for your music.” – App Store Reviews
– Helps you create a Music Plan using your existing songs and playlists
– Suggests parts of your wedding you need music for
– Fades gracefully for all pauses and skips
– Prevents accidental skipping or pausing during your wedding
– Takes requests
– Waits between each song or playlist if appropriate
– Warns you of things like running out of battery or being able to receive calls
– Recovers as gracefully as possible if you sync your device while playing
– Supports skipping multiple songs at once
– Allows modifying your Music Plan while the wedding is playing
Have you tried the app? If so what do you think of it?
We have a few amazing DJs to recommend to you in the Nashville area. Actually, many of them will travel to your destination reception, as well.