After the big wedding day with friends and family, most couples want to find a honeymoon that will be just perfect to kick off a life of love, fun and laughter. Wedding 101 wants to help you find the ideal honeymoon location. Here is a list of the best honeymoon places to hit by month. If you have a lot of time, as in one entire year, you can visit them all! While Nashville did not make the list this round, it is a favorite in June during the CMA fest.
There are so many things to consider when selecting the best honeymoon location for you. Ask yourself and your to-be spouse some initial questions:
- What is the most important feature of the honeymoon for the bride and for the groom?
- Which of these appeals to you most: Fun, Climate (beach, mild, cold, snowy), Relaxation, Night Life, History, Nature, or Waterfront?
- How many days do you plan to honeymoon?
- Do the bride and groom have passports or can they easily secure them in time.
- Do either of you have a fear of flying?
- How long and far are you willing to travel?
- The dreaded question: What is your budget?
Remember, selecting a location can be one of the most exciting parts of planning your wedding. Consider it an opportunity to explore the world or your backyard with your new spouse. Take your time. You can start a list of locations and narrow it each night after work. Once you decide on a destination, you can start planning your daily adventures and booking your travel. We have found most brides and grooms like to have a plan for each day of the honeymoon. They don’t have to be rigid and stick to a tight schedule, but by having a plan, they have viable options and won’t miss out on any of the fun stuff.
Sources: Dorothy Faggello (Another Day in Paradise), Brides Magazine