Congratulations to all the recently engaged couples out there! We are starting the New Year right, with a series of Bridal Shows just for you all! The first show is TODAY, and there are several other ones happening over the next couple of weeks. Whether you’re a bridal show veteran or newbie, you could use these 5 Tips for Surviving Bridal Shows… Enjoy!
1. Be Cautious: Give yourself time to think about different vendors and packages before booking on the spot at a show. You should never book a vendor out of fear. Vendors offer amazing deals at the show, but those deals usually last longer than the 4 hour bride show. The deals are definitely appealing, but be sure not to make an impulse decision that you may regret later! Take their card, go home and check out their websites, reviews, and other details!
2. Hydrate: There is a ton of free cake and food samples, but you won’t find free beverages! Be sure to pack a bottle of water for your day at the show! Plus, you’ll need something to wash down all of the delicious cake you will be trying!
3. Comfortable Shoes: The space you will be walking around is large and there are several different aisles to stroll through. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes the day of the show! There is a lot of walking and standing involved!
4. Contact Info Stickers: It’s so helpful when you lovely brides have pre-made labels with your name, wedding date, email, and phone number already printed on. It saves everyone time and the difficulty of trying to guess handwriting!
5. Wedding Email: This is a MUST! You NEED to have a separate wedding email. Your information will be given out to every vendor participating in the bride show (which could be anywhere between 50-150), and you will start receiving a lot of emails from all of them. You don’t want to flood your personal or work email, so you can create a separate email account through Gmail (for free).
The most important tip is to go to the shows to have fun! You don’t have to make any decisions while you’re there. Bridal shows are meant for you to collect information, meet vendors, and explore different options for your wedding day! And make sure to come visit us at each show! Our booth will look something like the picture above.
Here’s a List of the Upcoming Bridal Shows
January 4, 2015
11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Nashville Music City Center
January 18, 2015
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
The Hutton Hotel
February 15, 2015
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
The Omni Hotel
Remember, the Wedding 101 studio is ALWAYS here for you! We want to make your planning process as easy as possible. So give us a call at 615.988.2494 to schedule your one-on-one consultation!