Today’s blog is from Lindsey, the nutritionist behind HandmadeHealthy.com. We are so excited to share some of her helpful tips with you! Not only are these tips great for brides-to-be, they’re also helpful for anyone needing to amp up their skin care routine.
The foundation for always looking flawless is a balanced, healthful diet. Start following a few of these food-filled tips for your best feeling skin yet:
1. Hydrate for healthier skin. — Cooler weather entices us to cuddle up to the couch and sometimes skimp on the hydration we need. Aim for 12 cups of fluid each day, making sure to not go crazy on caffeine (no more than 2-3 cups per day) as it can counteract all your good efforts.
2. Show your skin some love with heart-healthy fats. — Foods that contain omega-3s can help reduce inflammation in the body and can be found in fish like salmon and tuna, as well as walnuts and flaxseed.
3. Make the switch to Vitamin C-rich foods. — Vitamin C is an antioxidant (found in tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, citrus fruits, strawberries, and kiwis) that is essential for the growth and repair of our tissues and helps produce collagen, which naturally decreases as we age.
4. Get fresh with your food. — Sprinkle fresh herbs and spices on foods for an extra helping of antioxidants that will help protect all your parts from the elements.
5. Have A+ skin with Vitamin A. — Vitamin A has a leading role in keeping skin healthy. Enjoy more Vitamin A by eating eggs, apricots, carrots, kale, spinach, and sweet potatoes.
Thanks again to Lindsey, for sharing her helpful knowledge with us! Check out all of her health and fitness tips here. Cheers to happy, healthy skin!